1. First, we have the opportunity to be location-curious, meaning that when we learn about places that differ from those in our frame of reference, our curiosity can trigger expansive ways to think, feel, or take action. Contrarily, we can also choose to largely ignore regions outside our comfort area, regardless of whether our comfort zone is two blocks wide or limited to our town or country of origin. Imagine the complex factors that lead us to choose to venture far, or remain near our place of birth. Life’s expansive opportunities are largely integrated with our willingness to venture to the unfamiliar.
2. In order to process “place,” our brains have internal GPS, so to speak. Our GPS allows us to navigate from one place to another and understand the concepts of up/down, east/west. This GPS provides interesting chances for us to make discoveries. Some people appear to have seemingly innate senses of direction, while others seem directionally illiterate. Each extreme, as well as where one falls on that spectrum, gives different chances for growth. Imagine how different a life is if you are always lost and can’t find your way versus you are the one who others lean on to get them from one place to another. Perhaps electronic navigation systems level the difference between the two extremes, but there’s still directional literacy even when navigating a mall or a college campus, etc.
3. A third way that space/place helps to provide a backdrop for growth is the effect different settings can have on us. A change of scene can change our outlook. A vacation spot can renew us. Being in the city versus being in the country can change our relationship with our beliefs and choices.We can learn more about ourselves and our preferences, and choose to use or not use this information to our advantage. For example, if a person feels renewed and happy by the sea, but spends his whole life declaring why he can’t live by the sea, isn’t he choosing a belief that will create a boundary to his limitless ability to be happy? He may actually be holding onto this belief because he doesn’t feel worthy of living where he wants to live, thus “place” gives him a chance to express a depleted love of self. We grow by choosing or not choosing to honor our preferences in where we travel or live.
4. Place gives an endless amount of variety for us to learn about. It has the ability to ignite awe in us. How can animals adapt to the desert? How can a giant squid live ten thousand feet deep in the ocean? What’s it like to experience only one hour of daylight at certain places at specific times of the year? The variety in climate and topography has the ability to stimulate curiosity and zeal for the miracle that such a variety exists.
5. Place can ignite our sense of innovation. The advent of every travel / recreational vehicle was stimulated by the idea that we can navigate beyond where we’ve been or faster than we’ve gone. Think about the richness that has originated by the desire to conquer or embrace space – bicycles, rowboats, planes, rockets, RVs, race cars, trucks, roller coasters, motorcycles, sleds, covered wagons, trains, trolleys, cargo ships, ATVs, monorail, catamarans, and so on. Collectively, advances in transportation or navigation provide the opportunity to mirror the growth of the vibrational energy of humanity.
6. Place also give humans an opportunity to choose their dwellings as a reflection of their souls’ growth. One can live nomadically with portable tents, or live in a 20,000 square foot mansion. They can live in a cave, a cardboard box, or on a houseboat. They can live in a hut on a private island or in a tenement house. They can live in a mobile home or a tiny house. Each dwelling is by choice even if the inhabitant believes it to be by necessity.
7. Place gives us the chance to witness the difference in people, culture, and lifestyle from region to region. This observation of difference can lead to us discovering the sameness in all as proof of our interconnectedness, or can be interpreted as proof that we are not at all connected.
8. As a further opportunity to innovate, place/space gives humanity a canvas on which to create habitable and / or desirable spaces. Necessity and/or desire have stimulated indoor heating, steel framing, and housing that can withstand deserts and Arctic temperatures. In Bermuda, for example, no ground water exists, so a roofing system was designed, and is used countrywide, to collect rain water. The Taipei 101, once the world's tallest building, sits near a fault line, but is stabilized by an 18-foot ball of steel suspended by cables.
9. Space allows for an infinite amount of design possibilities as well. Throughout history, people have created every imaginable design in architecture and decorating, from a cliff home to a cottage, from Southwestern motifs to urban loft design. Creating space, or ignoring the aesthetics of one’s home allows for the expression of one’s selected identity at any given moment.
10. The overarching value that space / place gives us on earth is to perceive variety and, subsequently, to choose how large or how narrowly we want to live, conquer, explore, investigate, research, or play.
This essay is a continuation of the previous month's essay “What are we doing here.”
[REMINDER from last month: There are four unique vehicles for discovery on earth that cannot be explored in other realms. I can assist you in remembering many things that you forgot due to earth amnesia by explaining these miraculous tools for discovery. During the next month’s essays, I will address each vehicle with tips about how to make each a beneficial opportunity rather than a force of resistance.]
TIME’s value as a vehicle for discovery is profound. In the energy realm, there are no limits. As souls without bodies, we can focus, achieve, expand, experience, be, see, touch, enjoy anything we want, whenever we want. We can also experience the projection of our thoughts instantaneously, so we become immediately aware of the power and nuances of our thoughts.
One of the most profound tools for discovery that the earth plane offers us is the value of cause and effect. Since we are linear here and for every action there is a reaction, we learn by witnessing what happens.
It’s all a great big game of “What If.” Think about it. From your youngest years …
What if I shove this in the socket?
What if I don’t listen to mommy?
What if I scream because I’m not allowed candy?
I remember when my son was two, we were sitting on our deck with a feral kitten that had decided to become a part of our family. There was a bucket nearby filled with rainwater. My son loved this kitten. I’d never seen anything make him so happy and loving. All of a sudden, he picked up the kitten and dropped her into the bucket of water! My first reaction was to yell at him and criticize his cruelty. I was shocked he would do something so unkind. Then (thank goodness for intuition), I quickly realized that he simply didn’t know the consequence. I put him in the bath, right? He played in the pool, right? So, I redirected myself fast before I blew the moment. I rescued the kitten and said to him, “cats don’t like water at all.” He took the wet kitten from my arms and crawled in my lap holding her.
Little by little, the consequence of our “what ifs” tell us our place in the world. They accumulate to define life for us, a definition that is a unique consequence of what we, specifically, experience. Those “what if” answers are all over the place. Some guide us to safety, some guide us to fear. Some guide us to know that we are loveable, others demonstrate that we’re unworthy. Some seem to say that we’re invisible, yet others let us know that we are powerful.
We grow up and the “what ifs” continue.
What if I call her stupid?
What if don’t study?
What if I sing in front of everybody?
Every single thing we do shapes our life definition.
What if I quit the team?
What if I talk back to my teacher?
What if cry?
As adults, we still play the “what if’ game in every action.
What if I’m late for work?
What if I pay for the coffee for the woman on line behind me?
What if I apply for this job?
What if spend hours on my phone?
The choices of our actions tell us what we need to know. But things get unpredictable when we add people into the mix, because people are unpredictable.
What if I ask him out?
What if I text her?
What if I forget to say, “Happy Birthday”?
So, we learn to trust or mistrust or override our “what ifs” as we agree to the message of earlier consequences. Perhaps we don’t make the team twice. Do we try again? If we feel we’re resilient and talented, we override the message that “you won’t make the team” when you try out. Likewise, if we lack confidence, we move on, either in shame or in acceptance of the idea that we’re not good enough.
Cause and effect as a tool for discovery becomes far more profound when we begin to realize that our thoughts, and our energy, and our beliefs, create reactions. When we recognize that we are the drivers of our reality, we can begin to see the consequence of our thoughts and feelings. What happens when you live in fear? The universe brings you a lot of happenings that are consequences of fear. What if you are really confident up at bat? The universe reacts with a good batting average.
What if we do and do and do and do? The universe whispers to us to slow down, to be quiet.
Consequence guides us to our souls’ discoveries in staggering ways. When we pay attention and credit our thoughts, actions, feelings, and beliefs for our circumstances, we have aha moments. We grow and we expand. We get closer to the vibration of love which is our primary goal in choosing a physical life to begin with.
Perhaps the surest way to allow the cause/effect dynamic to work for you instead of against you is to improve your self-love. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Self-love is the foundation for all success and happiness. Your level of self-love right now is a consequence of your lifetime “what if” game. In some areas, you may feel on top of the world, and in others, you may whither. It’s a journey to regain your love of self, the love that you knew before you were born.
Self-confidence brings forth an unlimited knowingness and changes your energy to magnetize in positive people, experiences, and opportunities. As you grow your love of self, you become more attractive on the outside. You become more magnetic, more likable. You have a stronger sense of your life purpose which allows you to align with people and circumstances that will bring fulfillment to you and others. Confidence is sexy, determined, and unstoppable.
Yes, there are a lot of great things you can do out there, but do it all from a position of remembering how awesome you truly are.
Cause and effect are brilliant tools that time allows us to experience. Remember, time is on your side if you let it be.
Before you were born, while you were still experiencing your soul’s natural altruistic, joyful, limitless, blissful state, you made a very well contemplated decision to leap into this body. Not only did you believe you could achieve your soul’s intention, but you also believed that you could make this place better. When we land here, however, we experience earth amnesia, an inability to readily recall all of our eternal memories. This amnesia sets us up for the long journey back to remembering.
There are four unique vehicles for discovery on earth that cannot be explored in other realms. These tools are a major reason we leapt in the first place! They can be frustrating, mystical, alluring, demanding, archaic, incomprehensible, dogged, liberating, and off-putting, but they work. They get us engaged in the process of growth, so much so that even our unwillingness to engage creates growth.
Over the next months, we’re going to explore these vehicles, what they are, why they work, and how to use them to your advantage. The insights you receive will lift the heavy barrier of resistance that you may have forged against these tools, allowing you to make them your ally once and for all. We’ll uncover the magnificence of each vehicle for discovery as well as address tips about how to make each a beneficial opportunity rather than a force of resistance.
The first of the four vehicles for discovery in the physical realm is TIME. Since its value as a tool for discovery is so vast, the topic will be covered in two essays, this one and next month’s.
As quantum physics has wonderfully proven, time as we know it does not exist. However, since it seems to exist in the physical realm, it must be purposeful. Think about the earth realm as a laboratory for discovery where microscopic shifts can occur. In the energy realm, advances can be broader, perhaps less detailed. When a soul wants to integrate a discovery, it benefits the soul to have an opportunity to study and examine it closely, in detail. Time provides this opportunity. Waiting provides this opportunity. Remembering provides this opportunity. Anticipation provides this opportunity.
Most humans live as though time is their endless enemy. They resist their age. They covet days gone by. They live with regret for past actions or inactions. They think happiness is a year away, or when vacation arrives, or when they have a baby, or when they retire, or when this report is completed. Let’s look at some tips on how to turn that tendency around to make time your ally:
Accept your Eternal Nature
This physical journey is just one slice in your perpetual being. This piece is one stroke on the canvas of your soul’s existence. It is one beautiful addition to your soul’s awakening and your increasing perpetual joy. When you allow this fact to guide you, you can take time less seriously. You’ll know that this lifetime is a fantastic voyage in its own right, yet all of the beauty of its existence will remain within you forever. Just as your memories from your past comprise you, the memories of this lifetime will comprise your soul eternally.
Care for Your Body
It’s pretty simple. Take care of the vehicle and the vehicle will take care of you. Eat and exercise intuitively. There’s a magical, ever-evolving equation of self-care that keeps you running at optimal health, fitness, and mental acuity. You have a powerful sense of how foods, drinks, supplements, medications, etc. affect you. You also have a pronounced ability to sense when the pros or cons of ingesting anything in particular can change over time as your body’s needs evolve.
The same holds true for exercise. At some point during my private Enlightenment Power Groups, I often intuit for each member what the most suitable and sustainable forms of exercise are that can help him or her maintain or reach harmonious body fitness. The “answers” that arise are received with such resonance from members that they can realize why some previous attempts at fitness have failed. My intuition is, perhaps, highly developed, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t attune to your own optimal program. Accept your intuition. Regardless of how many books you read or people you listen to, you are your own personal expert.
Are you afraid to get old? Why? Are you afraid that you will be unhealthy? Are you afraid the best is over? Are you afraid you will become dependent? Are you afraid your looks will fade or you will become less desirable? An enlightened soul knows that even though time passes, the body can support the entire journey. The mind can support the entire journey. Any body disharmony at any age is a message to help you become aware of an area in which you may be separating from something that matters on a soul level. Understand and implement the message. Scratch your misbelief that a body must deteriorate. Eliminate the concept that frailty comes with age. Wipe out the idea that you will not remain attractive throughout life (more on this topic next month). Let your body support you for this entire physical journey.
Death? What about it?
All people die. They live. They die. In the miraculous scheme of the universe, it all matters because it contributes to the never-ending growth and awakening of the individual as well as the awakening of souls collectively. Fearing death will not stop it … it’s going to happen anyway. So why not enjoy this time? Immerse yourself in the physical. Enjoy your senses. Eat with pleasure. Listen raptly. See. Be. Smell. Love. Flirt. Dance. Be confident. Fear less. And know that in the eternal, souls do not feel attached to the number of years that they experience a physical lifetime; they care about how those years were spent. How far along the path of your soul’s intent can you travel in this lifetime?
Every age is a good age. Every day is a good day. Every year is a great year. Every lifetime is a wondrous lifetime.
What about your past do you wish you could have done differently? Do you regret not following a particular pursuit? Hurting someone? Not standing up for yourself? Every instance you regret an action or inaction, you petrify that moment in time. Your perception of that moment then has the possibility of creeping into the present reality and skewing its beauty.
Instead, discover something wonderful in the things that you regret. Find the advantage that your action or inaction had for yourself and/or others. The past happened. In earth terms, it is finite. In eternal terms, it is fluid. Your perception of it affects the present - perceive it from the perspective of its benefits and move on.
Next month, we’ll look at several other ways time stimulates the growth of the soul, but for now, remember time is on your side, if you let it be.
For a decade, I have been predicting a palpable increase in the positive level of awareness of humanity. I recognized that the shift was increasing at an accelerated rate, thus becoming more visible and attainable by more people more quickly. That’s great news! And all you have to do is open your window, your mind, or your heart to see prolific evidence of this shift.
However, there’s a downside, too. Since the greatest catalyst for change is negativity or pain, and since most people habitually live within a negative range below the line, the perception of an increase in pain will be the primary catalyst for individuals to become aware of more evolved ways of thinking, being, or acting. Challenge is a knock at the door asking us to remember important eternal wisdom that we may have forgotten.
The universe’s knocks can come in an infinite variety of packages, from disease and injury, to death of a loved one, to crime, terrorism, floods, earthquakes, political discord, loss of job, loss of a home, a breakup, a fire, a near-death experience, acts of hate, etc. The knocks can come through mass events, or individual experiences. They can come through a familiar path or something brand new.
We are increasingly seeing the variety in which the knocks are delivered. Not one challenge is sweeping across the world, but just about every imaginable challenge.
The reason for the palpable increase in worldwide challenge is to give more wake up opportunities to more people. It’s not punishment nor it is isolated. The acceleration of global enlightenment is creating a heightened rush of chances for everyone to unite.
The world as we once knew it is evolving. For those who have integrated fundamental timeless truths, the new paradigm for success will be abundance, as well as harmonious relationships with the planet, with others, with romantic partners, with our bodies, and mostly, with ourselves. These basic truths are:
- We are one.
- What you think, feel, believe, plus the subsequent actions you take based on these energies, is how you create your physical reality.
- The only thing that matters is love.
- Self-love is the foundation of all success.
- Hate AND fear are the absence of love, thus hate and fear create all chaos.
Over the years, I have probably worked with or presented to tens of thousands of people whose primary goal is to become happier. Once the first moment of awareness occurs, many insatiably pursue unlocking their inner wisdom and eternal knowledge, understanding that this path is the path to happiness.
The thing is though, due the accelerating nature of this shift, we don’t have the luxury of taking the leisurely route to remember what we knew or we’ll wind up in the quagmire of chaos with those still asleep. As the stormy seas are churning up, more people will get tossed from their ships and more ships will get battered in the waves. The life raft is enlightenment. Awakeness will keep you afloat.
That means it’s time to step up. Know what you know. Stop resisting your own burgeoning wisdom. Remember that you are fully worthy and lovable. Remember that you are powerful. Remember that you are the creator and the co-creator of your reality. Just step up and remember it.
You are not perfect. You are not finished. You will never be either. So remember, without guilt or reservation, that you are wholly awesome. Discard lingering shame or regret and live to be the unstoppable, limitless soul that you really are.
Because now more than ever, those flailing in the waters of chaos need a life raft. They need someone to pull them into the enlightenment raft and navigate to calmer seas. They need someone who has remembered life’s truths to be a beacon in the darkness.
YOU ARE THAT PERSON. Step up to be the point of light that you are.
And the really good news is that, because of the process of accelerating enlightenment, the numbers of people who will experience their first wake up moment will increasingly increase! That, of course, means we’re gonna need a bigger boat.
Why does happiness so often elude us?
The basic answer is that we are conditioned to set our priorities according to others’ standards at a very young age. As these standards are narrated to us (subtly or overtly), our belief system about our worthiness and about what is possible begins to become contorted. The reason this process so thoroughly separates us from our innate ability to be happy is because every person on earth has one singular commonality - the birthright to be loved and valued and appreciated. When we are rejected, abused, judged, ignored, criticized, or neglected, our instincts to win back love kicks in. Why? Because we deserve to be loved.
You can spend decades revisiting your past to determine where you separated from happiness, but all you’re really doing is postponing your happiness again. The analysis and resultant comprehension can be quick: it need not be an endless undertaking. You can BUILD happiness beginning any moment in your life, real, sustainable, true happiness.
I know because I did it. And then I taught thousands of others how to achieve it.
From this overflowing abundance of knowing how it feels to be happy on a regular basis, I am continually inspired to help others to feel this way. Happiness can be learned. And you can learn it. Although I poured four years plus a vast amount of suggestions and exercises into my online course to teach happiness (Happyin90.com - Guaranteed!), I’d like to summarize seven essential points to jumpstart your success.
1. Accept that you are capable of perpetual happiness.
The reason that the self-help industry earns billions is because most people want insights into becoming happy, but they don’t really know how to integrate them. Our state of being is relatively habitual. We live within a vibrational range of experiences and emotions that magnetically pull us back to the same state over and over again. The first step in elevating this range is to believe that you are capable of elevating this range.
2. Understand that there is no one path to happiness.
Whether information is coming from a guru, master, enlightened one, shyster, convert, or religion, each will tout the merits of their version of the path. Is there any ONE that is 100% the right path for everyone? Absolutely not. Is there one that absolutely brings forth incontrovertible universal wisdom? No.
The best wisdom out there is information that ignites your love of self and encourages independent thinking.
3. Believe that, regardless of your background, you can reconnect to your happiness birthright right now.
We all have highly unique journeys. Some are more painful than others, and some leave more scars than others. Your journey is specific to you. It was co-created (by you, the universe, your guides) to give the best possibility of igniting your true, limitless power. You CAN cut the cord that a painful past has over you when you are willing to accept that you can.
4. Comprehension is liberating.
Understanding your past has value, not to blame anyone or to stay within the vibration of the past, but rather to help you understand how you separated, to some level, from your innate happiness. Until you make that link, it’s understandable that you would feel responsible for your own unhappiness. You are not responsible for what happened that separated you from your best path, but you are responsible for your choices from this second on.
5. Quiet your mind.
Meditating is not the only way, so don’t give up if that’s not your pleasure. Know though, it is essential to quiet your mind on a regular basis. That’s how you cut through the sludge you have been taught. I’m happy to intuitively help you find the best methods for you to quiet your mind. My intuition is limitless and acts as your shortcut.
6. Honor your intuition.
While a quiet mind is the surest pathway to intuit information, valuing and growing your intuition in any and every way possible will immensely contribute to your happiness. If you’d like a boost, attend my events, watch my videos, and read my books and essays.
7. Give yourself permission to have fun and to play.
Although we are largely conditioned to be hyper-responsible, fearful, and over-scheduled, our happiness abounds when we allow ourselves to live in awe and playfulness. We are entitled to be free of worry.
You have one shot at this specific lifetime. Why not choose to be bursting with happiness during it?